Mustard & Relics specializes in VINTAGE, LOCAL and HANDMADE. We look for local artists and crafters who would like to consign their handmade or locally sourced goods in our store. We stock a variety of items ranging from kitchenwares to eye wear and pottery to paintings. We are excited to bring this type of marketplace to Brighton Heights. Please read through the entirety of this message if you are interested in consigning with M&R. At this time we are not doing consignment for VINTAGE items.
Would you like to submit your goods? You could do this in the following ways:
1. You can email us at email@example.com
2. You can message us through facebook www.facebook.com/mustardandrelics
3. You could come in during our normal shop hours and drop off a sample. If your item is larger than a breadbox please leave your item home and bring us photos. Our store has limited space.
We will need some time with your items in order for us to consider you as a consignor. You will be notified within 15 days of submission. We would prefer that once notified, you pick up your items within a week, unless otherwise arranged. Our phone # is 412-545-DEVO (3386). If we do not hear from you after 10 days your item will be donated to chairty. Please leave your contact info attached to your sample and please contain your samples to a single package.
Please include the following information with your submission:
1. Name and/or business name and contact information. Phone, Email and the neighborhood in which you reside. Because we like to emphasis LOCAL, we want to learn about you, the artist.
2 A brief description of what you make or do and how it’s done.
3. Your wholesale pricing, or if you are uncertain perhaps offer a range and we can help assist you pricing your merchandise.
4. Please include a website or etsy link, articles or photos. We are looking for something that shows the process of what you do, or history on the items.
We stock on a rotating basis. Preference is given to artists who have goods that reflect the current season or upcoming holiday/events. Our physical space is often crowded with our stock in constant rotation. What might work one month with a consignor, might not work a different month. Please remember this when you are notified regarding your submission.
We use the first of the month as our submission deadline for merchandise that would proceed to the sales floor for the first day of the following proceeding month. We spend the first half of each month going through our submissions and then we spend the second half of the month figuring out where the item will be placed and what can we move around to accommodate these goods. We hope your items sell and we hope that you enjoy the consignor process with M&R. Please contact us if you should have any questions throughout the process.
You will be notified timely when an item belonging to you has been sold. All payments to our sellers will occur towards the end of the month as we conclude our routine store financial paperwork. Payout might be made either in person, or by cash, through Paypal, or perhaps a check.
We do a 50/50 consignor/owner split. Please consider this when determining your wholesale price in your submission. Please consider carrying insurance on your items. M&R will not and cannot be held reliable for theft or vandalism or the wear and tear of your items. We have not yet, ever ran into an issue. With that said, we are extremely careful when we display and move around your inventory.